- WON - Best Director - Orlando Film Festival
- WON - Best Director - Breckenridge Film Festival
- WON - Best Actor - Breckenridge Film Festival
- WON - Best Feature Audience Choice - Atlanta Film Festival
- WON - Best Feature Audience Choice - Dances With Films
- WON - Best Feature Audience Choice - Macon Film Festival
- WON - Jury Prize Outstanding Social Impact Filmmaking - South Bay Film & Music Fest
- NOMINATED - Best Picture - Orlando Film Festival
- NOMINATED - Best Actor - Orlando Film Festival
- NOMINATED - Ultra Indie Award - Woodstock Film Festival
CLICK THE DROPBOX LINK BELOW FOR THE "HOLDEN ON" PRESS KIT
This film is based on a true story about dual diagnosis.
A timeless tale of a 17-year-old, Holden Layfield, who fights to keep his mental illness a secret at all costs.
Holden Layfield is a 17-year-old junior and it's homecoming week in his small Georgia town. The smart and athletic teen is already fielding early scholarships. Life is grand. Except for one little thing... Holden has a secret and it's about to rear its ugly head. Over the next two years, Holden fights to keep his mental illness hidden as he morphs from a beloved, small town Georgia football player to a lost, self-medicating prophet.
Based on a true story, Holden weaves audiences through his harrowing tale in this film set in the early 1990s.
*According to McLean Hospital, a Harvard Medical School affiliate, up to 75 percent of youth with substance abuse problems also struggle with psychiatric illness. (http://www.mcleanhospital.org/programs/landing-mclean-hospital)
"HOLDEN ON" WINS Best Director and Best Actor at the 37th Annual Breckenridge Film Festival.
"HOLDEN ON" WINS the Audience Award for Best Feature at the 20th annual Dances With Films festival in Hollywood, CA.
"HOLDEN ON" WINS the Audience Award for Best Feature at the 41st annual Atlanta Film Festival.